I've posted before about my passion for real, nourishing, foods, and about creating a lifestyle centered around conscientious and respectful food choices. I'd like to share some recipes that fit my personal interpretation of what that means!
Serves 2, double the recipes for the whole family to enjoy!
Easy, fresh, and perfect for summer.
- Local, organic chicken fed a grain free diet, 2 servings breasts or thighs (I like Rocky's or Rosie's if you're in the Bay Area)
- 1 tbsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed mango juice (I used about 1/4 of a mango and a citrus juicer)
- 2 limes, squeezed
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 small sweet onion, minced
Allow to marinate for at least 2-3 hours, or up to 12 hours overnight. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or fully cooked.
Chopped Mango Slaw
- 2 fresh mangos
- 1/2 a head red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 small jicama, thinly sliced or 1 green bell pepper
- 1 lime's juice
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Sea salt to taste
Chop the veggies and toss. Allow to mix for about one hour so flavors mingle.
Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice
- One small head of cauliflower
- 1/2 lime's juice
- 1 cup cilantro, packed
- Salt to taste
Use a food processor to chop the cauliflower into "rice". Lightly steam the cauliflower in a pan with 1/4 cup water by covering and setting on low/medium heat until soft, gently stirring every few minutes. Once soft, add the lime, cilantro, and salt and mix. You can also use the precooked frozen, organic cauliflower rice from Trader Joe's!
Try to use local, sustainable, and organic ingredients whenever possible. Serve with avocado and enjoy!