Another installment in my quest to share real food. This breakfast recipe was inspired by the contents of my fridge: eggs (always on hand), leftover roasted butternut squash, an abnormally large zucchini from my garden, and sweet onion.
Easy Breakfast Scramble
- 2 eggs (look for local, pasture raised eggs if possible)
- About a cup of chopped zucchini
- About a cup of chopped, roasted butternut squash (if you don't have leftovers available, try steaming the squash, then sautéing it before adding the other vegetables)
- 1/4 small, sweet onion, sliced
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil
- Optional: cinnamon, marjoram, garlic powder, nutmeg, paprika, black pepper, and allspice, equal quantities to taste
Add the coconut oil to a low-heat pan and allow to melt. Chop and prep the vegetables. Add the veggies and allow to soften and gently brown. Crack in two eggs and stir until scrambled into the veggies. Add the seasonings and evenly distribute.
Serve warm and immediately.